Climate Action Group
Promoting Action on Climate Change.
It’s the only home we have. Its future is in our hands.
Karen Loblay AM
Chair of Climate Action Group
Our inaugural meeting for our Climate Action Group will be at 5:30 pm on August 10th, 2020. We encourage everyone who is interested in helping us take a leadership role in promoting action on Climate Change to join us.
Some of our objectives will be to:
- Inform ourselves on all aspects of climate science
- Plan, implement and evaluate service projects, build awareness and inspire action.
- Projects will promote environmental sustainability, awareness of climate change and actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to mitigate global warming.
How we will move forward:
- Members will be self-nominated individuals from the Rotary Club of Sydney, Rotaract clubs and other Rotary Clubs along with interested individuals from other industries or organisations.
- We will promote and champion the climate action ideals of Rotary International through ESRAG (Environmental Sustainability Rotarian Action Group) and RI’s new 7th area of focus on climate action. (see www.rotary.org/supporting-envioronment-becomes-new-area-focus)
- We will foster collaboration and partnerships.
- We will report its activities to the RCS and its board.
- We will hold monthly meetings to discuss projects/initiatives or hear from guest speakers